Posts Tagged ‘General Patton’
The Chicago Auto Show has been in existence for over 100 years, but when the 2012 Chicago Auto Show starts ths Friday at McCormick Place, attendees are in for a whole new experience. In addition to the latest models from each brand, attendees can expect to see:
- Amazing concept cars like the including the new Cadillac CL and the Lexus LFLC, as well as the world debut of a new concept from Kia;
- Advancements in technology and safety like the eAssist light electrification technology standard on the Buick LaCrosse and available on the Buick Regal as well as seach brand’s martphone-integrated infotainment technology;
- Increased connectivity with social media through voice-activated commands;
- The latest in gas-electric plug-in hybrids;
- General Patton’s World War II staff car;
- And a pictorial display of the show’s 111-year history;
- Four indoor test tracks and five outdoor test drives;
- Interactive experiences including a two-mile Chevrolet Volt drive through the streets of Chicago to a Cadillac CTS-V full-motion racing simulator, to Chevrolet Sonic Studio offering a Sonic Boom interactive DJ experience, along with a chance for guests to express their creativity on a simple white board.
- Special appearances by celebrities; and
- Contests and special events for the entire family to enjoy
According to Grace Morgan, GM director, Global Marketing and Strategy for GM, the goal is to have consumers leave the show informed and entertained – and eager to share their experiences with their friends and families.
- Dates: Friday, Feb. 10 through Sunday, Feb. 19
- Times: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Feb. 10-18: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Feb. 19:
- Location: McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago
- Admission: $11 adults ; $7 seniors and children 7-12; 6 and younger, free with adult.
- Ticket discount Feb. 15-17: Bring 3 canned food items to A Safe Haven booth; get $4 discount